Yapta’s groundbreaking solutions – FareIQ & RoomIQ – are Intelligent Price Tracking for corporate travel. FareIQ & RoomIQ dynamically monitor price variations on ticketed airfare and on booked hotel, sending instant alerts when savings are significant enough to rebook. The Yapta for Business suite of products provides Corporate Travel Managers complete visibility, history and reporting on ticketed/booked itineraries, savings opportunities, rebookings and realized savings. By doing so, Corporate Travel Managers are able to capitalize on airfare and hotel price volatility and to get more out of their existing T&E budgets and to provide enhanced service to their corporate travelers.
The Technical Support Analyst will be a position of key importance as Yapta continues to grow and expand its client base. This role will be responsible for providing support to other members of the Account Management department as well as to other departments at Yapta; acting as the GDS subject matter expert within the team, conducting troubleshooting investigations both in and outside of the GDS, providing format help and general GDS expertise to Product/Engineering/QA in the development and testing of new features and functionality, helping to create and refine scalable processes to more effectively and efficiently support internal and external Yapta clients.
The ideal candidate is an independent worker who can thrive in a fast-paced technology start-up environment, where priorities may change from one day to the next. Successful candidates will also have a background in corporate travel, solid multi-GDS expertise, the ability to think critically and analytically and experience in a customer-facing technical support role.
- The primary responsibility of the Technical Support Analyst is to manage external and internal routine to moderate issue reports
- The Technical Support Analyst will be pro-active and action oriented, able to make recommendations for departmental improvement
- May be involved with the client directly and will need to exhibit a strong knowledge of the Yapta products and offerings.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks based on severity and scope of issue and coordinate escalated support from other Yapta departments as needed.
- Assists in identifying the root cause for site impairments and outages
- Researches, documents, and escalates customer issues to Product and Development teams in cases where issues cannot be immediately resolved
- May assist in testing of new products and features
- Needs understanding of Agency Operations; Mid-Office, Back-Office and Travel Reporting.
- Customer support experience in an agency, technical support or web support environment.
- Outstanding Customer Service skills and a strong commitment to serve internal and external customers.
- Other duties as assigned
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast changing, rapidly growing start-up environment
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and persuasively, both verbally and in writing
- Natural customer service & support approach to work
- Working knowledge of Apollo, Sabre, Amadeus – Galileo/Worldspan are a bonus
- Ability to build & maintain internal and external relationships
- Excellent time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Superb problem solving skills and can-do attitude.
- Ability to develop and refine processes based on explicit and implicit need
- Willingness to be flexible and work analytically, across departments, in a problem-solving environment
- Ability to interpret information gathered and develop and present (orally and in writing) sound business conclusions
- Ability to effectively manage and ensure timely delivery for client based projects
- Familiarity with MS Office (Word, Excel PowerPoint)
- 7+ years of experience in corporate travel with an emphasis on customer-facing technical support and service.
- Experience within a technology development organization a plus.