Yapta is one of the worlds most comprehensive B2B companies for fare transparency and cost saving. Our mission is simple, to save people money. We analyze billions of actions a month, saving money while you sleep and are growing at a rapid pace, our business has grown 400% in the last 4 years. We are highly profitable and financed by some of the best investors. The more you dig into the details of Yapta, the more intrigued you will become. Our team is fast paced, focused, family oriented and fun. While we have ping pong, beers and snacks avail, our real mission is fast iterations of highly thought out software.
Yapta provides automated services for corporate travel agents and Fortune 100 organizations to save money by tracking prices on airline tickets and hotels by sending alerts to travelers when prices drop. We are guided by industry experts and know what its like to hover over the "buy" button, or to wait to see if you can save money.
We are seeking Software Engineer, excited by the convergence of technology and travel. As part of an agile development team, you will be building the infrastructure for the FareIQ and RoomIQ price tracking optimization platforms – solutions utilized by some of the biggest travel brands in the world.
How you’ll succeed on the team:
- You’re interested in travel and our customers, and understand how your code impacts the goals of the business
- You’re a great developer, but want to learn from others to continually improve
- You excel in small, focused teams where all are contributing to a common goal
- You can take loose requirements, seek out clarification, and make it happen
- You can be your own QA team, producing quality code the first time around
- You thrive and contribute to a positive work environment, where thoughts and suggestions are freely shared
- You know when to call it ‘good enough’ and ship, and when to put in the extra time to polish
- Require a MINIMUM of 2- 3+ years of professional engineering experience
- Experience with languages and frameworks such as Python, Java, SQL, Django, and Spring MVC
- Experience building and designing microservices or service oriented architecture
- Experience with cloud infrastructure and technology (AWS RDS, DynamoDB, ansible, etc.)
- Experience building scalable, performant, and reliable distributed systems
- Strong CS fundamentals including OO design, data structures, multi-threaded programming, and algorithms
- Experience integrating with Global Distribution Systems (GDS) technologies not required, but a strong plus.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 5 weeks of PTO
- Stock options
- Commuter benefits
- Optional WFH Wednesdays
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and snacks
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, Mariners games, ping pong tournaments, etc.
This position is based in Pioneer Square in Downtown Seattle. Candidates must be eligible to work in the US